Meeting #3 - Pre-and-Post Transaction Planning for Business Owners
ONLINE RESERVATIONS NOW CLOSED.
RSVP BY: Noon - Friday, January 31, 2020
GUESTS: Payment of $75 due on or before event
Accounting: Cover & Rossiter
Legal: Morris James LLP
Financial: AB Bernstein
To sponsor and event, please contact Jennifer Smith, Sponsorship Chair.
TOPIC: Pre-and-Post Transaction Planning for Business Owners is a case study that helps a family plan for a sale of their business by addressing key questions before, during, and after the sale. The case study helps them determine if the deal is good, how much they need, and what opportunities there are to transfer wealth to family and charitable organizations in the most efficient way in light of today's environment. Some of the strategies examined are gifts to a Donor Advised Fund (DAF), annual gifts to Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts (IDGTs), Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs), and sales to IDGT.
- 5:00 pm to 5:45 pm Cocktails
- 5:45 pm to 6:30 pm Dinner
- 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm Speaker
- Garden Greens, Midnight Moon Goat Cheese Crumbles, Seasonal Berries, Pecans, Candied Orange Vinaigrette
- Salmon Oscar Topped with Local Asparagus and Crab Imperial Hollandaise Sauce, Garlic Rubbed Fingerling Potatoes wtih Haricot Verts
- Chocolate Raspberry Truffle wtih Fresh Raspberries
- VEGETARIAN: Coconut Curry Carrots, Potatoes, Seasonal Cauliflower, Zucchini, Garbanzo Beans, Lime, served with Jasmine Rice